Search This Blog

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Obsession? Yep. Plus, Godmothers from Bay Cities!


Hit the beach today to surf solo.  Fun day.  Pretty mellow waves, sun shining and the water's pretty warm for the Pacific.


However, before leaving for the beach, a vexing issue arose.  One of the straps on my board rack broke.  For a few moments I just stared at at, wondering how I was going to get the board to the beach because it won't fit in the car.  Here's the broken strap, and my befuddlement, as well as the thought running through my head.




Well, I figured, we have a stapler, and duct tape, and rope.  So I jerry-rigged the thing so that it seemed like I could make it to the beach, surf, and then I'd stop by ZJ's Boarding house in Santa Monica for a new soft rack.  By the way ZJ's is great -- here's a link! www.zjboardinghouse.com.  Really nice surf shop with great employees.

Anyway, it popped into my head -- okay, this is addiction, or obsession.  I really didn't want to miss surfing today, so I was going to find a way to get in the water, one way or another.  And it worked!  Sometimes obsession is a good thing because it makes you resourceful.  So…find an obsession!

Speaking of obsession, we are obsessed with a sandwich from Bay Cities Italian Deli in Santa Monica www.baycitiesitaliandeli.com.  Yes, it's the Godmother, with the works, which is a combination of Italian meats -- Salami, mortadella, cappacole, ham, and prosciutto, along with provolone cheese, Italian peppers, lettuce, mayo, mustard, oil and vinegar, salt and pepper, and I think garlic powder, all on their really amazing Italian rolls.  Just take a look:




These sandwiches are so good, definitely Surf Dude Food. And here's a tip:  Bay Cities, especially on weekends, is always mobbed.  But you can go online and order ahead.  I did, and all I had to do was walk in and pick up them up.  No waiting on line.

That's it for today.  Lates!

No comments:

Post a Comment