Search This Blog

Monday, November 24, 2014

Quick Addendum to the Little Jewel of New Orleans Post!

I mentioned in the previous post that I wanted to try everything on Chef Marcus Christiana-Beniger's menu. So today we can cross another one off the list. After the auto show downtown Saturday morning, I swung by The Little Jewel to pick us up some lunch. Sam wanted to try the Muffuletta so we got a half order of one of those, but I wanted to sample the Roast Beef Po'Boy.  Take a look at this hunk of deliciousness:


I was expecting the kind of roast beef that you'd get in a deli -- you know, rare, and sliced really thin. But this roast beef was more like a long, long braise of chuck or short rib. It was extremely tender, and so, so flavorful. Beef was packed onto this bread, which was dressed with the usual Po'Boy fixings of mayonnaise, shredded lettuce, tomatoes and pickles (see, I am fast becoming a Po'Boy expert). Again, this one sandwich is huge!

Here's that Muffuletta in case you missed it the last time! I had wanted to get it toasted, but because we weren't eating this right away, I'll have to leave that for the next time.


So if you haven't gotten the message, get downtown to the Little Jewel.

www.littlejewel.la.com

No comments:

Post a Comment